Primary Science in the City
Key issue: Thinking, Doing, Talking Science
National Lead: Bridget Holligan & Helen Wilson
Local Lead: Tina Whittaker
Primary Science Subject Leads,KS1/2 teachers of science, Curriculum Leads.
The programme offers a year of sustained, collaborative teacher development combining a range of strategies to embed effective practice in classrooms:
- Four days of face-to-face input from the National leaders at Science Oxford and Oxford Brookes University
- Gap tasks to pilot in school
- A model of reflective practitioner practice
- Local lead teachers as coaches for school to school support
- An e platform for the community of teachers to collaborate between dates.
The Opportunities Area has a number of fully funded places for those schools that agree to:
- Enable two staff full attendance at all sessions,
- Completion of pre and post teacher and pupil surveys
- The use of anonymised pupil work samples shared for exemplification purposes
- Engagement and contribution to a community forum.
- Support colleagues in gap tasks, including staff meeting time.