Primary Science in the City
Key issue: Assessment, scientific enquiry and progression
National Lead: Dr Sarah Earle, Focus4TAPS
Local Lead: Tina Whittaker
Audience: Primary Science Subject Leads, Teachers of science, Assessment Leads.
A year of sustained, collaborative teacher development to embed effective practice in classrooms:
- three days of face-to-face input from the National leaders in Primary Science Assessment Practice,
- gap tasks to pilot in school
- a model of reflective professional practice
- Local assessment champions to support school to school engagement
- An e platform for the community of teachers to collaborate on the key issue
Funding (eligibility & criteria apply)
Stoke on Trent schools can request
- Enable two staff full attendance at all sessions,
- Completion of pre and post teacher and pupil surveys
- The use of anonymised pupil work samples shared for exemplification purposes
- Engagement and contribution to a community forum.
- Support colleagues with gap tasks, including staff meeting time.
Stoke on Trent schools wishing to participate in the learning community for improving primary science assessment should express interest through our make an offer request form. Places will be allocated to those schools that can provide a clear statement of need, (eg the SDP line for science), and describe how this funding is expected to impact upon science in their school (eg attainment data, classroom practice, science capital, PSQM success). Some schools may wish to request additional coaching support of up to 2.5 days and will self identify the potential for greatest change to current practice. (SEF tools available to support this analysis)