What is PSQM?
Primary Science Quality Mark is not like other quality marks, instead it is a CPD programme that helps schools to achieve a quality mark, whether science within the school has been a low profile for a while or your school want to improve the provision further. The programme provides a framework that enables science subject leaders to develop and strengthen their leadership practice, whilst increasing the profile and quality of science within their school. The process supports subject leaders to plan for improvement in science teaching and learning across the school and evaluate the impact of action taken.
What are the Quality Marks?
There are three different Primary Science Quality Marks to ensure that all schools can achieve the accreditation. Primary Science Quality Marks are intended to be school appropriate and provide a framework for improvement and development in leadership and provision, whatever the starting point.
What do PSQM schools get?
- Equivalent 2 days CPD
- A year of mentoring to support self-evaluation process
- Access to member support resources on PSQM website
- Discounted membership of the Association for Science Education
- Two tickets to PSQM presentation events held at prestigious venues
- A framed PSQM certificate to display and logo to add to school documentation
- An incentive to encourage colleagues to reflect on and improve science teaching and learning
- A monthly email linking schools to news, events and resources to enrich science teaching.
Start your PSQM journey now!
Register your interest at: www.psqm.org.uk/register-your-interest. In the ‘where did you hear about us?’ box please state ‘Science in the City.’