SPOTY- School Physicist (scientist) of the Year
SPOTY is co-ordinated and hosted by our local science hero Scott Walker. SATC are putting a call out to all Stoke-on-Trent schools to nominate a year 6 child that has shone in science this year. Each school can make one nomination and each nomination will be presented with an award and a certificate during an E-Celebration event on the 29th June (6:30pm). Last year Tina joined the event chaired by Scott and experienced the pride alongside parents and families as they zoomed from home. Tina has since confessed to a few tears of joy at the event with so much positivity about the future and aspirational goals.
- A letter has been sent to all schools this week: For an e-copy of the letter see – SPOTY 2021 School Letter
- Register interest- SPOTY 2021: Teacher Nomination Form
- Not sure and want to know more? Focussed Science Meet with Scott Walker- 13th May at 16:00. Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/153766330233
And in June….
- Join the event.
- Smile a lot
- Present the certificate at a school assembly
- Focus on your science ambassador hero in your own community.
- Be sure to spotlight your scientist hero as part of the transition transfer dialogue.
Ofsted Focused Meetings – Research Report summary and discussion.
19th May – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/153612153085
20th May – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/153612482069
Quick Win Workshops, including FREE kit. First come, first served.
Year 5 Forces – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/128477231859
Year 6 Electricity – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/128478836659
SPOTY is easy to do- five minutes maximum to complete!
SPOTY changes self-belief, identity and confidence for young people to focus on their next stage of science learning.